If you’ve just started your diet plan, we know you’ll love our tasty Ketogenic breakfast recipes. Packed with flavor and goodness, they are simply the best. Here’s how you can make the yummiest Keto breakfast burrito ever.
What’s a Keto Breakfast Burrito?
When you’re following the Keto diet plan, you should consume fewer than 50g of digestible carbs each day. That means that according to the plan, you can’t eat a regular tortilla wrap.
So what’s a tortilla lover on the Keto diet meant to do? Make a smart swap! This Keto breakfast burrito recipe uses an egg wrap instead to create a Keto-friendly meal. If that doesn’t sound tempting enough, the recipe features bacon as well. This makes our keto breakfast burrito a great alternative to homemade Keto bacon and eggs!
Looking for more easy-to-make Keto meals? Our free Keto in One cookbook has 60+ mouthwatering recipes you can make in just one pot!
Why Is It Great to Make in the Morning?
Starting the day with a big breakfast could be a smart move. In fact, research published in the US National Library of Medicine suggests that consuming large meals in the morning could help to promote weight loss.
Yummy Keto Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Ready to make a delicious Keto breakfast burrito to start your morning? Much like our addictive Ketogenic breakfast cookies, this recipe is sure to brighten your day.
Cook Time: 25 mins | Serves: 1 | Calories per serve: 759 kcal
Equipment: Baking tray, aluminium foil, large bowl, whisk, skillet, chopping board, and knife
- 50g bacon
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- ½ ripe avocado
- 50g spinach
- 1 medium tomato
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Lay the bacon on the tray and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking, crack 2 eggs into a large bowl. Add some garlic powder, chopped chives, cayenne pepper, pepper, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds. You can also add in some shredded cheese, if you desire. Whisk thoroughly.
- Put one teaspoon of avocado oil into a large skillet and put the pan on medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook for a couple of minutes each side or until brown. Set aside.
- Wash the tomato and chop it into thin slices. Scoop out the flesh of half a ripe avocado and dice it up. Chop the spinach.
- When the bacon is fully cooked, remove it from the oven. Be sure to drain the fat.
- Use the omelet as a tortilla and put it on a plate. Start by adding the spinach and tomato. Next, layer on the diced avocado and bacon.
- Wrap the egg tortilla up as you would a burrito. Enjoy!
Additional Tips and Tricks
Now that you’re well-versed in the Keto breakfast burrito recipe, let’s take things one step further. Here are a few tips and tricks that will make this meal oh-so-perfect.
- Add some extras to the tortilla
When you’re making the tortilla base, why not get creative with the seasoning? Add some extra herbs and spices to make it special.
- Experiment with the fillings
While this Keto breakfast burrito recipe uses bacon and avocado, it doesn’t have to end there. Feel free to switch things up. Try using sausage, beef, or even some cheese.
- Get a little saucy!
Making your own Keto-friendly sauce is quite simple. Blend up some fresh tomatoes and add some spices, such as cayenne and pepper.
Tempted by this recipe? If we’ve managed to whet your appetite, it’s time to get started and make this burrito for yourself.
Why not give it a whirl tomorrow morning? Some say breakfast is the most important meal of the day — now it can also be the most delicious!
Charlotte is a seasoned content writer, journalist, and fitness enthusiast. Thanks to this passion, in her professional work, she focuses on the health niche and her work has been seen in major publications around the globe.
Since embarking on a lifelong journey toward better wellness, she has become completely fascinated by modern diet trends. She has now researched both Keto and Paleo eating plans in-depth in a bid to better understand their possible benefits and how they work.