Starting out on a new diet plan? When you’re being uber strict with yourself, you still deserve to have the odd treat. That’s where scrumptious Paleo desserts come into play. These options allow you to get the delectable flavors you want without breaking the rules of your diet. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at a great recipe for Paleo gingerbread cookies.
What Are Paleo Gingerbread Cookies?
Looking for something delicious and quick to make? Paleo gingerbread cookies are the snack of your dreams. These are exactly what they say on the tin. Sweet and tasty gingerbread cookies that align with the Paleo guidelines. Don’t worry if you don’t have any prior baking expertise. Much like the simple Paleo pancakes, anybody out there should be able to master this recipe in no time at all.
Why is it Worth Making Them?
When you’re following the Paleo diet, finding the sweet treats that you crave can be rather tough. Since you can’t have processed food according to the Paleo diet, you’re going to need to make some desserts for yourself.
There are loads of options out there from addictive Paleo pancakes to delicious cakes. However, the following Paleo gingerbread cookies recipe is strikingly simple and takes around 20 minutes to complete. When you’re short on time or just busy, it should be your “go-to” recipe.
Tasty and Easy Paleo Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins | Make time: 10 mins | Serves: 10
Calories per serve: 135 kcal | Equipment: Baking tray, lining paper, two large bowls, two spoons, whisk, and pan
- ⅔ cup crunchy cashew nut butter
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 50g chopped fresh ginger
- 50g chopped cranberries
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line your baking tray with the paper.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- Heat the cashew nut butter in a large pan until it’s in liquid form.
- Pour the nut butter into the egg mixture. Next, you should add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir the mixture well.
- Put the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt in a separate bowl and mix.
- Combine the two mixtures and then add the chopped ginger and cranberries. Fold them into the mixture.
- Separate the mixture into 10 portions and roll them into balls. Place them on the baking tray and use a spoon to flatten them into cookie shapes.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Leave to cool before serving.
2 Handy Tips to Keep in Mind
Now that you’ve got the Paleo gingerbread cookies recipe, you might want to learn some tips to help you perfect it. Sure, this recipe is easier than making more precise desserts, such as Paleo cheesecakes, but that doesn’t mean that you don’t need a helping hand. Here are some tips that will ensure you’re a pro in an instant.
- Mix the batter well
When you’re dealing with almond flour and coconut flour, the consistency of the batter tends to be rather thick. You need to be extra vigorous when mixing the batter. Whisk it as hard as you can.
- Spice things up
The rich flavors in these cookies come from the spices and roots–cinnamon and ginger. If you want a stronger taste, add a little extra of these two things to the mix.
Charlotte used to be the type of person who ‘hated’ the gym… That was until around three years ago when she realized that exercise can be a blast and makes you happier than ever.
She now has an undeniable passion for ﬁtness, health, and wellness! She is a seasoned content writer, focusing on these topics and loving every minute of it!