We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but many people skip it anyway. You may be missing out on this important form of fuel if you feel like you don’t have time for it. If you take the time to prepare a healthy breakfast in advance, it can ensure that you get the day started in the best way possible.
What if you could start your day off with a cookie? Not just any cookie, but rather a healthy and delicious breakfast cookie!
If you focus on good quality ingredients, this can make for the perfect “go to” breakfast. It’s all about creating the perfect breakfast cookie that gives you everything that you need for fuel and proper nutrition. Zucchini gives you essential nutrients while oats provide complex carbohydrates and walnuts are a healthy fat. When you combine these with a few other healthy ingredients, you have everything you need for a great recipe.
Breakfast is essential for jump-starting your metabolism and helping you start your day with fuel and energy. You get nutrients, you get natural energy, and you get the metabolism to start burning calories. Knowing that breakfast is an essential part of your daily nutrition, there’s no way to avoid it. If you want to lose weight or just get healthier, then you need to eat breakfast.
These zucchini oat breakfast cookies will taste too good to be true. You can make them ahead of time and then enjoy them on the go during the busiest part of the day. When you find a recipe that is healthy, delicious, and helps you to enjoy a good breakfast on the run then you know it’s a true winner. Here is the zucchini oat breakfast cookie recipe that you never knew you needed, and which will help you to look at breakfast in an entirely new way.
Zucchini Oat Breakfast Cookies
- 1 heaping cup zucchini, finely grated
- ⅓ c. canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. quick oats, divided
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend one cup of oats in a blender or food processor to make oat flour.
- Mix together the egg, oil, and vanilla. Add brown sugar and mix again.
- Add blended and non-blended quick oats, flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to a mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Add the flour mixture to egg mixture until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts then stir well.
- Add the zucchini and gently mix together.
- Drop 1½ inch cookie balls on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes until the edges are browned.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes before serving.