Nothing screams “Be in the moment!” like citrus essential oil blend recipes. Known for being light, uplifting, and invigorating, these practical recipes will help you make the most of any activity. Whether that means adding essential oils to your laundry so your clothes smell fresh, or soaking in a DIY bath oil when you finally get a moment to yourself.
As you’ll discover below, there’s a variety easy-to-make blends to help awaken your senses to the present moment, however fleeting it may seem. Here are 6 DIY concoctions that will make your day go that little bit smoother.
- 1 Citrus Essential Oil Blend Laundry Fragrance
- 2 Lemon, Bergamot, & Bitter Orange Oil Blend DIY Soap
- 3 Grapefruit & Neroli Oil Blend Morning Bath Oil
- 4 Bergamot, Mandarin, & Kaffir Lime Oil Blend Bug Spray
- 5 All-Natural Neroli Essential Oil Blend Perfume
- 6 Citrus Blossom Oil Blend Moisturizing Whipped Body Butter
Citrus Essential Oil Blend Laundry Fragrance
Sweet orange, also called citrus sinensis essential oil, has a powerful aroma that blends well with lemon to help eliminate odors from your smelliest batch of socks. This makes it a particularly useful ingredient in a homemade citrus essential oil blend laundry fragrance. Get the details of how to make your own below.
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- As your washing machine fills up with water, add in your oils.
- Make sure the oils don’t directly drop on your clothes and go into the water instead.
- Run your washing machine cycle as normal.
- Hang and dry your clothes as usual, and enjoy your fresh smelling clothes!
It’s vital to drop the essential oils into the water as this ensures the potent oils can mix with the water first and won’t leave an oil mark or bleach dot on your clothes. Essential oils pose no harm to your clothes when diluted, so just avoid direct contact and you’ll be fine!
Lemon, Bergamot, & Bitter Orange Oil Blend DIY Soap
Get a splash of springtime every time you wash your hands with this DIY soap that moisturizes your skin while it cleanses. It combines three fragrant oils to make the perfect citrus essential oil blend.
- 10oz goats milk soap base
- 1tsp of vitamin E oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops bergamot essential oil
- 5 drops bitter orange essential oil
- 5 drops cedarwood essential oil
- First, cut your soap base into cubes. Then, melt it down in a double boiler.
- Next, add in your essential oils and vitamin E. Mix together well.
- Pour the blend into soap molds and let cool and harden. Afterward, pop them out and enjoy!
Grapefruit & Neroli Oil Blend Morning Bath Oil
Allow yourself an extra ten minutes in the morning to have a bath while you write in your day planner. These oils will invigorate your senses and help you feel fresh and ready to take on anything that comes your way.
- 2 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 2 drops neroli essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
As your tub fills up, drop your oils directly into the water stream. They’ll naturally diffuse if your water is warm enough, giving you an aromatherapy session to start your day.
Bergamot, Mandarin, & Kaffir Lime Oil Blend Bug Spray
Kaffir lime, or citrus hystrix essential oil, is a tangy-smelling oil that can help repel bugs because of its citronella content. Combined with a citrus essential oil blend of bergamot and mandarin oils, it makes for an effective natural alternative to harsh store-bought bug sprays. Try giving it a spray next time you’re outside and bugs are about!
- 2 drops bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops mandarin essential oil
- 2 drop kaffir lime essential oil
- 50ml water
- Combine all ingredients together in a spray bottle.
- Use as needed.
Be sure to avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after applying as some of the citrus oils in it can be photosensitive.
All-Natural Neroli Essential Oil Blend Perfume
Do you want to smell as good as you feel? Give yourself, and everyone surrounding you, a nice whiff of the season with this essential oil perfume blend.
- 3 drops neroli essential oil
- 2 drops juniper berry essential oil
- 2 drops magnolia essential oil
- 30ml of hemp or almond oil
- Combine all ingredients in a glass roller bottle.
- Shake well and apply to your neck and wrists throughout the day.
Citrus Blossom Oil Blend Moisturizing Whipped Body Butter
Say goodbye to the chemically-constructed spring lotions of the past. Spread on this light and luxurious citrus blossom body butter after your shower. Your skin will be instantly moisturized, plus you’ll smell amazing too!
- ½ cup shea butter
- ½ cup cocoa butter
- 40 drops rosehip seed oil
- 20 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 20 drops bergamot essential oil
- 40 drops pomegranate seed oil
- First, add the shea and cocoa butters into a bowl.
- Then, using your electric mixer, whip up both body butters together for about 7 to 10 minutes until they are light and fluffy.
- Then, gently fold in your oils until fully incorporated.
- Add the mixture to your storage container and use as needed.
Annette is a travelling journalist and humanitarian who is obsessed with green smoothies.
Since leaving California for a new adventure overseas, Annette has worked with various non-profits and focuses on communication as a tool for advocacy.
Her love of nutrition and fitness really took off six years ago when she decided to eat plant-based and ran her first half-marathon. Since then, a healthy lifestyle has been something she works hard to maintain even with a busy schedule. She believes that a healthy mind starts with what we put in our bodies. But, one thing she’ll never give up is Margarita pizza.